LondonWaste Ltd is wholly owned by the North London Waste Authority (NLWA). The company is contracted to provide waste management services to the NLWA’s seven north London boroughs.
Roles and responsibilities
LondonWaste is contracted to manage waste materials and recyclables for the NLWA. The company manages circa 850,000 tonnes of NLWA waste every year.
LondonWaste is responsible for managing its impact on the environment. Many of its activities (including products and services) have an environmental impact: from steam and electricity generation to water use and odour from the materials received.
The company’s activities are regulated by the Environment Agency (EA). All sites operate under Environmental Permit Regulations.
As well as a 40-acre site in Edmonton, London, N18 the company operates the weighbridge at the Rail Transfer Station, Hendon, London NW2, the Hornsey Street Waste Recycling Centre, London N7 as well as a number of Household Waste Recycling Centres on behalf of the NLWA:
- Regis Road Household Waste Recycling Centre, Camden
- High Street Hornsey Household Waste Recycling Centre, Haringey
- Park View Road, Tottenham, Household Waste and Recycling Centre, Haringey
- Hornsey Street Household Waste Recycling Centre, Islington
- Kings Road Household Waste Recycling Centre, Waltham Forest
- South Access Road Household Waste Recycling Centre, Waltham Forest.
Articles of Association
These are maintained by LondonWaste and are available for inspection, on site, by advance appointment
The Board of LondonWaste Ltd consists of three Executive Directors and four Non Executive Directors.
Meeting monthly they make major decisions about the direction of the company and approve proposals for capital expenditure. See also How we make decisions.
The current members of the Board are:
- John Boast, Chairman and Non Executive Director
- David Sargent, Managing Director
- Matt McGeehan, Finance Director and Company Secretary
- Nazneem Grogan, Technical Director
- Mike Dunn, Non Executive Director
- Dr Chris Elliott, Non Executive Director
- Ray Georgeson MBE, Non Executive Director
Find out more
If you require further information about LondonWaste’s FOI compliance, please contact us on 020 8803 1322 or use our Contact Us.