LondonWaste Ltd is wholly owned by the North London Waste Authority (NLWA). The company is contracted to provide waste management services to the NLWA.
Roles and responsibilities
LondonWaste is contracted to manage waste materials and recyclables for the NLWA. In 2016 the company managed 800,000 tonnes of NLWA waste.
LondonWaste is responsible for managing its impact on the environment. Many of its activities (including products and services) have an environmental impact: from steam and electricity generation to water use and odour from the materials received.
The company’s activities are regulated by the Environment Agency (EA). All sites operate under Environmental Permit Regulations.
As well as a 30-acre site in Edmonton, London, N18 the company operates the Hendon Transfer Station, London NW2, the Hornsey Street Waste Recycling Centre, London N7, seven Household Reuse and Recycling Centres and a Reuse shop on behalf of the NLWA:
- Regis Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Camden
- Western Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Haringey
- Park View Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Haringey
- Hornsey Street Reuse and Recycling Centre, Islington
- Kings Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Waltham Forest
- South Access Road Reuse and Recycling Centre, Waltham Forest
- Summers Lane Reuse and Recycling Centre, Barnet.
Articles of Association
These are maintained by LondonWaste and are available for inspection, on-site, by advance appointment
The Board of LondonWaste Ltd consists of three Executive Directors and five Non Executive Directors.
Meeting monthly they make major decisions about the direction of the company and approve proposals for capital expenditure. See also How we make decisions.
Find out more
If you require further information about LondonWaste’s FOI compliance, please contact us on 020 8803 1322 or use our Contact Us.